- Birkbeck's Project Board is chaired by Vincent Tong (Technology Enhanced Learning Champion)
- The IOE's Project Board is chaired by Diana Laurillard (Professor of Learning with Digital Technologies)
- LSHTM's Project Board is chaired by Craig Higgins (Taught Course Director of Epidemiology and Population Health
- The RVC's Project Board is chaired by Nick Short (Head of the E-Media Unit)
- SOAS' Project Board is chaired by Mandy Bentham (Director of Academic Development).
The BLE Steering Group, whose members are representatives from each College plus the BLE Service Manager (Sarah Sherman), coordinates and guides the joint activities of the project. Since 2004, the Group (chaired by Mandy Bentham) has served to develop the vision of the BLE Service and its portfolio of learning technologies.
The overall governing body for the project is the BLE Moodle Migration Programme Board, chaired by Keith Harrison (Secretary of Birkbeck), which will meet three times over the next academic year. The purpose of the Programme Board is to offer the BLE Steering Group improved governance, and to provide project monitoring and accountability. Members of this group include the Chair of each College Project Board, representatives from IT, academic staff, the student body, ULCC and an external adviser from JISC. The first meeting of the Programme Board is on 21st November 2011.